New blog

All new content on my restarted blog is here

Friday, September 19

Picnik



I've been using Snipshot for ages now as as v. quick, in-browser method for generating web ready images on-the-fly. For web purposes it's great.

But it's not ready yet for Firefox 3.0 and has thus disappeared from my right-click.

What's replaced it is Picnik, which is similar photo editor but with more options and also a firefox add-on (Facebook too). It is Flash based, takes slightly longer, it does try to sell to you and it is tied into Flickr.

But that's being picky. Recommended!

3 comments:

  1. Agreed: Picnik is great. Easy, quick and more importantly FREE. I turn to Picnik before Photoshop these days for most tasks.

    But what I'd really like is a drawing tool like Vision, for flow diagrams and org charts. Gliffy is good but, alas, not entirely free - http://www.gliffy.com/prodcomparison.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure a visio online alternative will end up being developed. After all, there are plenty of open source alternatives creating files in the same standard. It's just not as big a market ;]

    ReplyDelete