New blog

All new content on my restarted blog is here

Thursday, February 19

Where to find good cheap images

I posted a question a while back as I was using the ultra-cheap Fotolia as a stock photo source but noticed how limited - and American - its model range was.

Thanks to Jean Thornhill for this great list of alternatives:

One note from me was:
Here's a local enthusiast's site for local buildings ... which we negotiated an arrangement with, just adding a simple credit and link. Actually has some aerial shots as well which have proved very useful.
Other respondees found similar local websites.

And other sources include and


  1. is also worth a go - or at least, it's the one I use for cheap stock photos when I need commercial rights, not having heard of your suggestions.

  2. web ready at Fotolia are 60c!