- Helping funders find you online
Dave Wilcox interview with US-based consultant John Kenyon on nonprofit fundraising.
- The power of information
V. interesting speech by egov Minister Tom Watson.
- Attacking the great digital divide
Sydney Morning Herald explains the difficulties and opportunities in providing IT for remote communities: bugs and floods.
- Oops! 'Ferry crash' unstitches Google maps
The perils of 'stitching' in GMaps.
- To Aim Ads, Web Is Keeping Closer Eye on You
New York Times front-page on the developments in ad targeting.
- Can you blog away the blues?
Psychological benefits of blogging.
- Rainbow over Palestine
Palestinians now have an LGBT organisation.
- Off the Record? Not Unless You Agree Ahead of Time
John Battelle's take on the Scotsman/Obama campaign episode.
- How Are Candidates Spending Their Money Online?
- Search within a site: A tale of teleportation
New tweak from Google.
- Richard Pope’s GroupsNearYou.com launches
Another bit of MySociety genius.
- Newsweek Advances Andrew Keen's Ignorance
- Download: The True Story of the Internet
New Discovery Channel documentary.
- Countering British Government Paranoia
Americans liking anti-camera actions.
- Facebook study group equals cheating?
Scary story from a Canadian University.
- “The web and I” - a reflection
Amusing speech from an old-time Civil Service Head.
- Local search in the UK
Apparently, Google has taken this over too.
- Watchfire WebXact and Bobby Online are dead!
- Botanicalls Twitter
Reaaally loving your plants.
- Justine Lam on Ron Paul's Networked Campaign
"We didn't coordinate that at all".
- Labourspace: great idea, awful execution
Say it, Simon.
- Error message
Tekkie take on Obama vs. Clinton.
- No10’s new recruit is a geek
- Blogging While Female: 5 Conservative Women Bloggers Talk
- Chris Kelly: McCain Sex Scandal Blonde Missing -- Day 12
Very, very funny.
- mySociety’s Freedom of Information site goes live
Yet more MySociety genius.
- Bespoke vs Off-the-shelf - watching the BBC blogs comment problems
Really why it isn't working.
- New Media Awards 2007 Finalists
From the New Stateman.
- Web lifeline for mums is big business
Onto a winner.
- Obama's Million Donors: Why They're Important
Changing the ballpark.
- the Missing proof
Twitter @ work.
- Info links for government communicators
- Tories need friends
.. on Facebook.
- Automated killer robots 'threat to humanity': expert
Be very afraid ...
- Rupert Murdoch's black sheep
Is the WSJ pushing it's luck?
- What gov webbies can do to improve awareness of their published consultations
Jeremy Gould on the ball.
All new content on my restarted blog is here
Tuesday, March 11
labels: blogging, facebook, google, maps, mccain, media, new york times, obama, tom watson, tories, twitter, women
poster ··· ·· · · Paul Canning ··· ·· · · 11.3.08
Tweet This! ♦ Add to del.icio.us ♦ DiggIt! ♦ Add to Reddit ♦ Stumble This ♦ Add to Google Bookmarks ♦ Add to Yahoo MyWeb ♦ Add to Technorati Faves ♦ Slashdot it ♦