- Analysis: Google App Engine alluring, will be hard to escape
Opening up the 'cloud', Google gets good reviews from those looking under the hood.
- Flickr Video Launches - A Unique Experience
There's already a backlash from Flickers, and it's only supposed to be a 'moving photo': hence 90 seconds. It's not a YouTube competitor.
- The new web communicator
Gerry McGovern says too many government websites 'overflow with vanity, pomposity and waffle'.
- Blogging Kills Disproportionately? NYT’s Story Doesn’t Make the Case
Dan Gilmor: .. because "the data are so breathtakingly shallow", and don't other professions work hard?
- Timothy Karr: OK Go: The Heat is On an Open Internet
And it's analogous to "boiling the frog."
- Professor questions the value of e-democracy centre
Stephen Coleman damns ICELE with faint praise.
- A Widget That Tracks Political Sentiment
What's being talked about in news and blogs.
- Europe Is Searching For Its Silicon Valley
London has it's pros but isn't the concept out-of-date?
- Lost BBC coding found
The author of the 404's finds them again - five years on, no change. I'm shocked.
- Council Logo
Luke Akehurst plays with that quickly disappeared Progressive Governance Summit 'swastika' logo.
- Zimbabwe elections
Kenya Pundit's take. The possible development of a new trend of “civilian coups” in Africa?
- Game for a laugh - Anne Diamond on games in the Daily Mail
Martin Belam looks in depth at another, ridiculous take in the MSM.
- SEO Rapper
From JackP. Hysterical. Yes, he raps about SEO.
- Social networks - will the government crack down?
BBC reporter thinks they'll have trouble.
- Bill Maher: The Biofuel Boom
It's a big mistake.
- Hillary Tries Grassroots Budgeting
A very interesting new fundraising tool, help rent a van!
- BBC News redesign: while developers ignore their users, the users fix the site!
How Firefox/Opera users can fix the bugs themselves.
- Al Gore's RealSimple 'We' Campaign
The $300m campaign to raise climate change in the election isn't doing web well.
- Is Hazel Blears on drugs feeling ok? : Pickled Politics
Tackling rhetoric and lazy journalism. Where are these 'no-go areas'? And what, exactly, do they do about them?
- U.S. Invasion Has Made Life Worse for Iraqi LGBT Community
Oh yes it has.
- Coleman connects on Citizenship
Professor Stephen Coleman stops being negative about blogging and joins in.
Not on Reader - A 'West Wing' Writer Imagines the Showdown at the Democratic National Convention. From New York Magazine. Lawrence O’Donnell Jr writes the script for Four Days in Denver. Wonderful.